Monday, December 31, 2007

Miracle cure for a hangover of gargantuan proportions

After a long night of pounding back beers at my favorite dive in D.C., and snacking on chips and salsa, I woke up this morning with the hangover from hell.

After what seemed like hours of struggling to make it out of bed, and trying to reconstruct the puzzle of what last night was, I decided to go get myself a piece of heaven to line my tripes and my arteries this morning. I got myself some Five Guys.

Five Guy's has been voted "Best Burgers" for the past five years in Washingtonian Magazine, were rated number one "Bang for the Buck" in Zagat Survey and The Washington Post calls them "the Willy Wonkas of burgercraft."[Five Guys]


This place keeps it simple and delicious. Burgers and fries are your options on the menu.

Only thing to decide on is the size and the toppings (which are included in the price of your burger). Just a quick glance at the packaging that will surely cure all my ails, is enough to know what I'm about to get into.



And clearly I asked for the perfect combination of toppings to patch up any wear and tear last night's alcohol may have caused and ensure a few ulcers down the line. Finger-lickin' good!

Bacon Cheeseburger

  • Mayo
  • Mustard
  • Ketchup
  • Raw Onions
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes
  • Pickles
  • Fried Mushrooms
  • Fried Onions
  • BBQ Sauce
  • JalapeƱos
The final product looks a little something like this:



Another huge plus is the amount of French fries you get. You get enough to feed a group of three or four normal people (or one of me). Cloud nine, if I've ever been there.



If you've never been, you haven't lived.