Saturday, December 29, 2007

Spill the Milk!


On the bad milk tip, Boston has issued a warning about "possibly contaminated milk". [Boston.com]

It seems the bacteria is a little more than just popular paranoia.
State health authorities tonight urged consumers not to drink milk produced by Whittier Farms in Shrewsbury after an investigation showed it is the likely source of a bacterial illness that killed two elderly men and made two other people sick.
Innocently enough all these symptoms bear a striking resemblance to my 3-weeks-ago experience.
Symptoms of the disease include fever, muscle aches, and sometimes nausea or diarrhea. Most people exposed to the bacterium suffer only mild, flu-like symptoms, but the germ can prove deadly to those with underlying medical conditions.
Good thing I treated it when I did. This no more:

I have yet to understand a parent's need to photograph their children in the toilet. Although I was (am?) quite the congenial pooper, no? Heh.