Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pho-king Delicious!

After several months of being addicted to Java Green on 19th, by pure chance we opted to walk down an extra block (because I couldn't remember where Oodles n' Noodles was, I haven't been there in years and I'm even unsure if it still exists) we ended up crossing paths with a gigantic, bright orange sign that had Pho written all over it.

I hadn't had Pho in a while and was dying for some, it was windy and chilly outside. Perfect day for a steamy bowl of Pho Ga!!! Asian Bistro was the Place to be, on 19th and L (NW). My chopstick fetish had a new outlet, a new source, a new playground.

We walked in and the place was packed, too cold for outside seating. It would come to be a menu of Asian-fusion of sorts, including a vast array ranging from Pad Thai to Pho to Kung Pao Chicken. The vegetarian variety also leaves the Bistro a good and viable option for those of the vegetarian/vegan kind.



Although the soup was a bit Americanized (Chicken Breast), the taste was there. The toppings were generous and the noodles were not missing. Although some people would lead me to believe that decent Pho is inexistent in the District and may only be acquired in the 'burbs, I would like to point out that this being one of the few options within walking distance from my place of employment, it gets 4 out 5 stars in my book!

I can only wait to come out to Cali in a few months and hopefully meet the Viet-kieu mecca of Orange County in the hopes of tripping over some delicious Vietnamese goodness.