Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time is Money. I'm severely out of both.

I have yet to get adjusted to going to sleep at a decent hour. My schedule due to a number of factors, is very inconsistent, something I wish to rememdy before end of year.

I find myself not only strapped for time this week, but also for money. The drafting table was definitely worth it, however.

Usually that means no eating out and actually eating the food in my refrigerator. (!!!). Last night's project consisted of ready-made omelletes! I decided I could probably make a mini omelette for every day of the week, only consuming 30 seconds in heat time, rather than 10-15 minutes of cooking in the morning. The project was a success aside from the minor oven burns. These are actually quite good and practical. They basically make themselves. Preheat oven to 350.


Get a muffin baking pan and line it with foil muffin sleeves.


Throw in about 5 eggs (I did a couple of only egg whites to balance out the cholesterol intake)


Chop up toppings of your choice (I wish I would have had some mushrooms)


Mix everything together


Don't forget the cheese!


Pour into mold and place inside the oven


30 minutes later - BAM! Let them cool, then refrigerate.


Try not to burn yourself.

Enjoy tomorrow morning! Total cost: about $8.50 (Less if youve already have some of the ingredients) - 6 days of breakfast! I've also noticed that if I eat one of these before leaving the house, I'm not really that hungry until about lunch time, as opposed to when I don't eat until arriving at work. By the time I get to work I'm so hungry I burn through about $6-10 in mediocre breakfast food from the cafeteria.