Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mixtape: Bjork


Coincidentally I came across two Bjork related posts and I thought I'd share. I can't say that I'm all that familiar with most of her work, although some of what I have heard, I've appreciated, and her name I've known for ages it seems.

First there was this post from French blog Fubiz, about Bjork's Wanderlust video. It's gorgeously dark and abstract as she is known to be. The sounds are definitely of the Bjork fame and the visuals are just astounding. Apparently this will be a 3-D video for which you will need some fancy Back to the Future glasses, keeping in mind that the 2-D version is not any less impresive.



Full Video: Here

Secondly, was a tribute mixtape from our BFF's at Stereogum, with some great names as Final Fantasy, Liars, and Pattern is Movement.

Download: Here

1. Liars - "Army of Me"
2. Dirty Projectors - "Hyperballad"
3. High Places - "Modern Things"
4. Bell - "It's Oh So Quiet"
5. Pattern Is Movement - "Enjoy"
6. Evangelicals - "You've Been Flirting Again"
7. Xiu Xiu - "Isobel"
8. Final Fantasy & Ed Droste - "Possibly Maybe"
9. White Hinterland - "I Miss You"
10. El Guincho - "Cover Me"
11. Atlas Sound - "Headphones"
12. No Age - "It's Oh So Quiet" (Alternate Take)