Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wheat....Germ?

During winter time (something I only grew accustomed to since I moved to DC and never confronted with in Texas or Mexico) I've learned to appreciate certain things. Scarves, mittens, insulated shoes, my bed. Also, on a cold day, there's nothing better than a steaming bowl of Cream of Wheat (wheat germ). Something that took me a while of getting accustomed to. I mean it doesn't look very appetizing. If anything it reminds me of all the paste in kindergarten I was constantly reminded not to eat. It has, however, grown to hold a dear place in my heart and I now find myself eating a bowl almost every morning with a spoonful of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinammon. I can't help but feel a tinge of politically incorrectness everytime I look at the box though. Yet not as bad as it was years ago.


Before

After

Nevertheless, it's an amazing discovery that I've learned to appreciate. You should try a bowl sometime. One of my winter favorites for sure.

How do you have yours?