Friday, January 11, 2008

I've got moths in my pockets

Never in a million years will I had imagined this to be true. I'm 27, border-jumping to 28 soon, I've got a good amount of disposable cash in my pocket, it's Friday night, I've got a closet full of fresh gear that came in the mail, and I'm sitting in front of my computer blogging. Is this really the most interesting thing going on in my life?

Well, no. Not exactly. Great things happened today. I had a deliciously congealed cup of wheat germ for breakfast. I paid the IRS a good chunk of cash I owed them. I found out my credit score went up 20 points since last year when I started paying for shit. I found out I've got a significant amount of cash in high return savings accounts and some in the emergency fund (which isn't a lot for some people, but if you know me at all, you know that money at arms-length, at any given moment, is not likely to survive this long). I introduced someone to Pho. And she liked it!! I tried the teppanyaki-style noodles at the Asian Bistro (which were glorious, btw).


I got a sick work out. I finally brought a certain, unnamed character (who dislikes Pho, btw) to the gym with me. Had a quick, chill dinner with mom, and now I'm about sit down and read. I guess you could say I had a pretty productive day, even though I didn't quite make it out to get partied up as I usually do.


The world around me melts as I realize I've had too much to drink. Or paid the IRS, I forget which.

I may not be out right now drowning in the sweet nectars of the gods, but boy do I feel accomplished. I'm giving myself a pat on the back and sitting my ass down with a glass of wine to get read.