Thursday, April 24, 2008

House of Cards

So Radiohead was the musical guest on Conan O'Brien. It's uncanny, this abominable adoration for Thom Yorke. I mean I respect them as musicians, and Pablo Honey and The Bends are probably some of my favorite albums ever, but Listening to In Rainbows I feel like maybe I'm missing something. I think it has a lot to do with the build up my friends give them everytime they talk about the R-head.

Although I admire a musician's will to experiment and venture out, it doesn't necessarily mean I have to agree or like what they do. Take Billy Corgan post-Adore, for example. I love Billy to death, probably one of the most, if not THE most, influential musician in my life, but everything he's done afte Adore, in my humble opinion, is mediocre at best and lacks the spirit his previous works contained.

In any event, Radiohead's performance was actually entertaining even if they didn't perform live at Conan's studio.